Welcome to Year 2!
Welcome to the year 2 web page!
We have lots to look forward to over the coming term.
We will update this web page with any important information and letters. We also have a twitter page which we will 'tweet' regularly to show you the wonderful things that the children are up to in school!
James Campbell - author visit!
Year 2 loved meeting James Campbell at our author visit today. He told us so many funny stories and we got to ask questions about what it is like to be an author, how you become an author or how you get ideas.
He told us a super story about a naughty Wimpety Wamp with 9 heads! 2SL wrote about this character and drew him using the Early Essentials Programme in ICT too.
Year 2 had a go at following instructions to make Katie Morag shortbread biscuits. The recipe is below if you would like to have a go at making some at home!
Spring 2019 Calendar
Wednesday 2nd January: Non-pupil day
Thursday 3rd January: Children return to school
Tuesday 15th January: Class photos
Wednesday 16th January: James Campbell author visit
Tuesday 22nd January: Chinese New Year assembly
Friday 1st February: Class 2SL assembly
Friday 8th February: Class 2HJ assembly
Monday 18th - Friday 22nd February: Half Term
Monday 25th February: Children return to school
Tuesday 26th March: Parent Sharing Evening
Friday 5th April: End of Spring term
Spring Term Curriculum:
We will be learning about the following topics this term:
• English – Narrative - Horrid Henry, Poetry, Recount Writing, Non Fiction - Explanation and Comprehension
• Maths - Multiplication and Division, Fractions, 2D and 3D Shape, Statistics and Data, Measurements (length, mass, capacity, time), money and Calculation Revision
•Science – Habitats
• Physical Education – Uni-hoc, Zumba and Gymnastics
• Art/Design and Technology - Designing and making a class collage display
• ICT - Word processing
• PHSE - Jigsaw: Dreams and Goals
• Geography - Hot and Cold Countries
• History - Great Fire of London (London then and now)
• RE - Signs and Symbols (including Church visit)
• Music - I wanna play in a band! (Playing musical instruments)
Below is an electronic copy of our class letters. If you cannot find the document that you need please enquire at the school office and they will supply you with an additional copy.