Welcome to the Year 3 Class Page!
Hello and welcome to the Year 3 Class Page of the Elburton School website.
On this page, you'll find lots of interesting information to help you at home and at school including diary dates, homework support, useful website links and information and lots of photos of your work and activities in school!
We have lots of exciting things to look forward to this year; here are some of the things we will be covering during the spring term:
- Science - Rocks / Forces & Magnets
- PE - Gymnastics / Dance
- Games - Invasion Games/ Net & Ball Games
- English - Myths & Legends, Persuasive Writing & Performance Poetry
- Maths - Multiplication & Division, Money, Statistics, Length & Perimeter and Fractions
- Design & Technology - Roman Jewellery
- History - Invaders & Settlers - Romans
- Geography -The UK
- R.E. Symbols & Religious Expression
- Music - Recorders, Singing, Appraising & Composing
Please remember that P.E. kits should be in school from Monday - Friday regardless of your timetabled P.E. day - sometimes other activities take place that require your P.E. kits so they need to be available at all times.
Please also make sure that all items of school clothing are clearly labelled to avoid confusion!
Here are some key dates for your diaries
Thursday 3rd January - Children back to school.
- Tuesday 15th January - Class Photos
- Wednesday 16th January - James Campbell author visit
Friday 18th January - 3EL Class Assembly
- Tuesday 22nd January - Chinese New Year Assembly
- Friday 25th January - 3SG Class Assembly
Friday 15th February - Break up for Half Term
Monday 25th February - Children return to school
- Friday 8th March - 3SG Class Assembly
- Friday 15th March - Red Nose Day
- Tuesday 26th March - Parent Sharing Evening
- Friday 29th March - Junior Disco
Friday 5th April - Toy Day - End of Term
- Wednesday 24th April - Children back to school
Click on the MATHSFRAME Games link to access lots of fun games linked to the Year 3 maths curriculum!
In Year 3, we all try hard to work together as a team. We really enjoyed the 'Marshmallow Tower Challenge' and worked hard to create the tallest tower possible in only fifteen minutes! This was a really good opportunity for us to learn how to communicate effectively with one another.
New school handwriting scheme
Grammar, Spelling and Reading Bug Update
The children now have access to this resource at home. This is a fun and engaging way to practise their grammar, spelling and reading.
Each week, they will be assigned different activities that relate to what we are working on in class. In addition to this, they will be assigned different reading books related to their colour band. The children love earning points that act as rewards and are always very enthusiastic to use it in class.
Your child's login details are written inside their reading journals. Click on the link below to find out more.
Theseus and the Minotaur
Below are some video clips from the recent 3SG assembly
New school handwriting scheme, please use the following link -
Elburton 'Dig For Victory' Blog
Keep up to date with progress in the Elburton 'Dig For Victory' garden by following the blog. Mr Griggs and his team are preparing to enter Plymouth in Bloom! Find other links to interesting World War Two wesbites, including the BBC Schools WWII page. This is also linked to our Helping Plants Grow unit in science.
World News For Children
This is a BBC world news for children podcast. You can either download it, or listen on-line. The average duration is 4 minutes. Keep up to date with world affairs here!
For information, activities, games and cartoons all linked to eSafety and staying safe online, click this wonderful link!
Don't forget you can access a range of different and exciting e-books by logging on to Oxford Owl or the Plymouth School's Library Service: