The Pupil Premium Grant is funding provided to schools which is additional to main school funding to specifically benefit children who:
- Are entitled to Free School Meals
- Have at any point in the last 6 years been entitled to Free School Meals
- Are looked after children and have been in care for at least 6 months
- Are the children of current Service Personnel
- Are the children of Service Personnel at any point during the last 4 years.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. However, schools are to be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families. Schools are required to publish this information on the school website.
At Elburton Primary School we allocate the funding across 3 key areas:
1. To provide high quality teaching and learning for our children
2. Targeted academic support
3. Enrichment, Enhancement and wider strategies
Details regarding the allocation and spending of the Pupil Premium Grant at Elburton Primary School can be viewed in the documents below.