We hope that the children are all excited about the term ahead. We have lots of exciting things planned!
Miss Collinson, Mrs Birnie & Mrs Phillips
Key dates for the school year
* Monday 6th September 2021 - Start of Term 1
* Friday 22nd October 2021 - End of Term 1
* Monday 1st November 2021 - Start of Term 2
* Friday 17th December 2021 - End of Term 2
*Thursday 6th January 2022 - Start of Term 3
* Friday 18th February 2022 - End of Term 3
* Monday 28th February 2022 - Start of Term 4
* Friday 8th April 2022 - End of Term 4
* Tuesday 26th April 2022 - Start of Term 5
* Monday 2nd May 2022 - May Bank Holiday
* Friday 27th May 2022 - End of Term 5
* Monday 6th June 2022 - Start of Term 6
* Friday 22nd July 2022 - End of Term 6
Your child will take part in two types of home reading:
1) Core Story Books – Oxford Owl eBooks (online)
After your child has finished reading a story book in class, their reading teacher will issue the same book for your child to read via our new online eBook service. These will be issued every 3 days. You will find your child’s log in to Oxford Owl in their reading diary. After reading the story, there will be a quiz to complete to support comprehension. Your child will have worked hard to learn to read this book in school so please celebrate their success in reading it to you fluently! Please add this to the reading diary and write a comment. An adult may need to read the questions.
2) Book Bag Books
This book will be changed every Monday and can be found in your child’s book bag. Our Book Bag Books build upon the ideas of the stories your child has read in school. Explanations about how to use the books can be found in the cover. Please read this guidance carefully and rehearse the sounds and words with your child before reading the story. This will aid fluency development. Your child may need some support in reading this book but it will contain sounds they are familiar with and therefore should be read to you independently. Please support your child to read this book to you at least twice over the course of a week and write this in your child’s reading diary, dating 1st and 2nd read with a comment to staff if appropriate. You should notice an improvement with each read.
e.g Scruffy Ted gets lost – 1st read - **/**/** Read all of the red words.
2nd read - **/**/** Used a great story teller voice.
Please ensure your child has their reading book and diary in school every day.
A simple named bag with a draw string is a convenient way of carrying and storing PE clothing. For safety reasons earrings must be removed or taped over during PE. Hair must be tied up for PE.