- provoke challenging questions about the purpose of life, beliefs, the self, issues of right and wrong, and what it means to be human.
- foster personal reflection and spiritual development, to encourage pupils to explore their own beliefs, (whether they are religious or non-religious), and to express their responses.
- enable our children to build their sense of identity and belonging, which helps them flourish within their communities and as citizens in a diverse society.
- teach our children to develop respect for others, including people with different faiths and beliefs, and to help challenge prejudice.
- prompt pupils to consider their responsibilities to themselves and to others, and to explore how they might contribute to the communities and to wider society.
- develop a sense of awe and wonder in the world in which our children live.
Religion and World Views explores big questions about life, to find out what people believe and what difference this makes to how they live. Religion and World Views helps pupils to make sense of religion and belief, reflecting on their own ideas and ways of living.
Our Religion and World Views curriculum should ensure that children leave Elburton:
- Able to describe and make connections about different religions and worldviews.
- Able to describe and understand links between stories and other aspects of different communities.
- Open to exploring different beliefs, symbols and actions.
- Able to observe and understand varied examples of religions and world views.
- Understanding the challenges of commitment to a community of faith.
- Able to identify similarities and differences between beliefs and practices of the religions studied.
- Able to discuss and present thoughtfully their own views.
- Able to consider how diverse communities can live together.
Religion and World Views Curriculum Map 2022-23.pdf
Religion and World Views Knowledge and Skills 2022-23.pdf
Religion and World Views Policy Revised NOV 2023.pdf
EYFS Religion and World Views CURRCULUM PROGRESSION.pdf
Mrs Emma Johnson
Religion and World Views Subject lead
Mrs C Fry
Supporting Religion and World Views lead
Mrs A Clooke
Mrs C Tutte